This is our recommendation for a tablet for people who actually want to draw (as opposed to retouch photographs) with their tablet. The larger work area allows you to use classic drawing movements (pivoting at the elbow/shoulder rather than the wrist).
Here's the Wacom blurb:
Redefining the professional standard in creative pen tablets
Built with high quality materials and designed to make the most of the amazing Wacom Pro Pen 2, Wacom Intuos Pro is our finest creative pen tablet to date. With built-in Bluetooth connectivity and a sleek new design, it’s easy to set-up and looks great on your desk. Start creating your next stand-out project.
Connect to your Mac or Windows PC with USB or built-in Bluetooth, install drivers, and you’re ready to start work directly in the software of your choice. The ultra-responsive Wacom Pro Pen 2 connects you to your creative work like never before. Quality materials and compact design give you the perfect drawing space.
Our new Wacom Pro Pen 2 is designed to quickly become a natural extension of your hand. Its exceptional sensitivity and responsiveness gives you the control you need to take your work to the next level.
Wacom Intuos Pro comes in both Medium and Large sizes. Each has a smaller, more compact footprint than previous models. Wacom Intuos Pro is built using premium materials such as black anodized aluminum and fiberglass composite resin. The result is a pen tablet that feels reassuringly strong but is a mere 8mm thick.
Included with every Wacom Intuos Pro, the new steel based Pen Stand stores your spare nibs and has a built-in tool to make replacing them super-simple.
Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition combines the very latest Wacom technologies with the drawing paper of your choice to offer a new – but familiar – way of working. Enjoy the feel of drawing with the Finetip Pen on paper while Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition captures every stroke, ready for further work in your favorite software. Or connect Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition to your computer and work directly into any application you choose with the Wacom Pro Pen 2.
Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition adds a new medium to your digital workflow - paper.
Paper-to-digital workflow, step by step:
1. Clip your favourite drawing paper on the surface of the Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition and sketch with that familiar feel. Work on A5 paper (half-letter size) with our Medium model and A4 paper (letter size) with the Large model.
2. As you draw with the Finetip Pen (or optional Ballpoint Pen), Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition captures every stroke as an editable file that can be opened in your favorite creative software.
3. You don't need to be connected to a computer or the internet; Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition will store up to 200 multi-layered or 1000 one-layered drawings, ready for you to access on other devices
4. Connect Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition to your computer with USB. Using Inkspace*, you can sync, store and export your sketches in common creative file formats - including layered raster and vector.
5. Continue your work with your Wacom Intuos Pro attached to your computer and the sensitive new Wacom Pro Pen 2.
Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition comes with invaluable Inkspace features* specifically designed for artists and designers. They give you total, flexible control over your work:
Full Specifications: Product Page
We keep these details up to date to the best of our knowledge.
However if a particular item is of special importance to you please also check the manufacturer's listing for the product.
You will get:
Confused about something, or just want some human to human advice?
Send us a question about this product.
We answer all enquiries, and promptly too!
You're also very welcome to ring us on 03 9329 4522 if you prefer.
Note this form is for pre-purchase enquiries, or support enquiries if you have bought this product from us. If you have bought this product from another supplier then please contact that supplier for support.
Hand curated articles, links and downloads to help you get the best from your Wacom Intuos Pro Large Graphics Tablet.
Need technical support? Use the form to above send us an enquiry or if it's urgent, call us on 03 9329 4522.
At Image Science we support what we sell & we really mean that.
You're welcome to call on us for help - how to, technical support, troubleshooting, general tips - for the entire lifetime of the product.
With an unmatched track record for support, for more than 15 years in this industry, you can be sure we're not just a box moving store.
Wacom products are backed by a 12 month warranty covering any defects in materials and workmanship